http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturdays should always be this good.

This morning we are in Louisville, KY.  We are here to watch the reigning national champions raise the banner to the rafters.  And then play Charleston in a game of baskeball.

I have been a Louisville Cardinals fan since the days of Darrell Griffith (Doctor Dunkenstein), Scooter McCray, Pervis Ellison, those are names that still bring a smile.
Here is a picture of Doctor Dunkenstein
jumping over a player during a game.  That is
still cool.

Also, I have been a Rick Pitino fan since he took Providence so far, so quickly.  He is a fiery, emotional, demanding coach.  I have read that his half time "speeches" can peel the paint off of locker room walls.  His teams play defense from on basket to the other.  Because of that defensive aggressiveness no opponent's half time lead is ever really safe.

Since this is the season opener and most teams don't schedule real games to open their season (well, some teams schedule real teams, Charleston is a good example) they probably won't need a Pitino style comeback to win the game and thrill the fans.  But, I don't care, I don't want an exciting, close game, that keeps me on the edge of my seat.  I want a blow out, lopsided victory that leaves me time to enjoy the game, the fans and the spectacle.

Speaking of enjoying the spectacle, Coach Pitino emailed me yesterday and said there were "great festivities" before the game.  Of course, I emailed him first and he responded, but that counts.  

Anyway, Go Cards!  I will have a full report on the game.  If you can wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment