http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday, February 21, 2014

Something Wonderful This Way Comes.

All right, here is the scoop from last night.  Nebraska beat Penn State 80 to 67, to avenge a loss earlier in the season.  They never trailed in the game, and a quick check with the Life Explained statistician reveals that against Michigan State the last time they trailed at Michigan State was 18 to 20 with 6:06 left in the first half.  So it has been 66 minutes and 6 seconds since the Cornhuskers have trailed in a game.  That is pretty impressive, for any team.

Their conference record in seven wins and six losses, and their record in Lincoln is twelve and one.  Pretty good for a team that was supposed to finish near the bottom of the conference, and early in the league schedule some felt this might be a little too generous.

But, Coach Miles, Terran Petteway, Walter Pitchford, Shavon Shields, Ray Gallegos, the rest of the team, and I never lost hope.  We knew if we kept working hard, and when I say we, I mean them, I offer all of the emotional, and psychological support I can from 1,000 miles away, and through the medium of television, (which is not really a duplex communication medium, you know?), and I think that has helped quite a bit.

"I will meet you for a serving of nachos in the Huntington
Club level, they are always the best there, Coach."
I did email Coach Miles and told him he was doing a great job, and how much fun it was to watch his teams play, and that was before the Michigan State win, so I kind of take partial credit for the win.  He replied to my email thanking me for the support and hoping we could get together next time they were in Columbus, a friendly little meeting, just the coaches, the team, and all of the fans in attendance for the game that night.  I hope we don't have any plans.

Anyway, enough of my personal glory.

Coach Tim Miles, and his team have made this the most exciting basketball season I can remember.  For that we should all thank him.  He has started something amazing, and it is only the beginning.

Thank you, Coach Miles, and in the oh so appropriate words of Bob Dylan,

"May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift,
May you have a strong foundation,
When the winds of changes shift,
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung,
And may you stay forever young"

Dylan always said best, didn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment