http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, June 29, 2015

Life Explained, under construction

"Everything passes,
Everything changes,
Just do what you think you should do,
And someday, maybe
Who know's baby
I'll come and be cryin' to you."

Bob Dylan (from to Ramona)

"I have noticed that even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

Stephen Hawking.

Change is part of life, and trying to understand life, which is the whole reason I started this blog, (though, I occasionally lose my way) has taught me that you have to accept the flow of life, and adjust your sails to account for the constantly changing winds.

But, the lack of success made me complacent. If few people are looking at your posts it is easy to put your feet up, grab the coffee, or water, or a cold beer, or the Merlot, and just type away, just trying to come up with enough words to appease your inner demons, and hit publish.

Recently Jeremy Crow of the the Whacko Series of blogs mentioned my blog in one of his posts. This has provided what has to be considered the Whacko Bump.  Page-views, and comments, and all of those things bloggers long for.  And it is great.

Not only that, but he is an exercise guy so his Health Whacko tips have started to kick my workouts into warp drive (pardon me, but my geekiness needs fed occasionally). I am really starting to see the difference.

So, when Mr. Crow speaks I listen. Recently he pointed out that the visual appeal of a blog can have a direct relationship with popularity I decided to change my logo, and my background picture, and probably the layout.  

I am going to start the design process, but I am also looking to you, the fabulously creative bloggers out there with who might have some free time on your hands.  Please, if you are so inclined, send me your sketches, or creations, and if I can figure out how create a poll, it seems terribly difficult (I am still trying to figure out how to add an award image, stupid HTML anyway) we can all vote on the best one.

Also, I do intend to get back to the basics a little, and try to explain why life seems so complicated, and everything always seems so difficult, in my own way, of course.

So, thank you, blogosphere, thank you +Jeremy Crow, and thank you Dr. Dawg, you are always there for me.

Here is a song that from the irrepressible Dr. Hook, that has always been one of my favorites, but has a little more meaning for me these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment