http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A little something about me.

Recently a very wise young man wrote a post about his life. Focusing on things that made him unique, the things that set him apart and the things that let him fit in, too. It was a great post, and as with so much of his work, I enjoyed it immensely.  Plus it was such a great idea I decided to steal it. Hey, steady now, it happens all of the time.

"Les Miserables" was actually from a blog post I wrote in 1847 about a waitress working at a coffee shop in Paris Texas who got a parking ticket for leaving her VW Beetle in the middle of the intersection right when the cattle drive was coming through town. The ensuing hilarity of the police chasing a wise cracking waitress divorcee through a small Texas town inspired what many consider to be one of the greatest novels of all time. Plus, it inspired Burt Reynolds to make "Smokey and the Bandit."

No, that never really happened. I just made that up.

But, last weekend I went to pickup some arugula, endives, and scallops at the local market. I was going to make one of my signature dishes, delicious, fat free, no sodium, absolutely irresistible. It is so good people have actually committed felonies for a small dab on a rice cracker. Who was there, having a coke? You guessed it, Former Buckeye Legend, ESPN college football analyst, and Coca Cola heartthrob Kirk Herbstreit. He would not let me shop until he got a picture with me.

That didn't really happen, I don't even know what arugula, endives or scallops are. If I wanted a signature dish I would need to sign it, and my wife would be fighting mad.

You know, this whole autobiographical blog thing is a lot harder than originally thought. Maybe I should start small, and work my way up to the truth.

I am a serial dreamer whose life is a maze of confusing facts, and sometimes I pay attention to them. Blogging has given me the ability to act, kind of, on the what Dylan called "a head full of ideas that are drivin' me insane." And everyday is a new day, and an old day, but always a great day, at least part of the time.

Hey, what about you? Tell me a little about yourself, it doesn't have to be true, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment