http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday, October 16, 2015

Big day, Great day Saturday.

Tomorrow we are off in pursuit of the elusive Central Ohio Bargain. We are not all that fussy, it doesn't have to be a Central Ohio Bargain, it can be a Southern Ohio Bargain, we are headed south to the outlet mall. And, it doesn't have to be all that great of a bargain, just a decent price.

It is a big day because we go to First Watch for breakfast, and make a big deal of everything. Anybody who knows me understands I enjoy making a big thing out of everything. It adds substance to life. Artificial substance is the best kind. For one thing it is much lighter and more manageable than real substance, which can be so substantial.

Substance can also be pricey if you aren't careful. Not only in costs, but also in expectations. A man of substance is expected to behave to a certain code of ethics, and responsibilities. No walking away from things that might seem a little difficult or time consuming. Keep your chin up, and stare discomfort and turmoil in the face, suffering in stoic silence. Well, no thank you. When the going gets tough, I am going to bust a move on out of here, if you catch my drift.

And you know, there is all this mystique, and about the "strong, silent type." Well, friend, that ain't me. They will take my griping and complaining when they pry it from my cold, dead hands. Moreover,  there is a terrible misconception swirling around this country about the value of sacrifice, well let me tell you, let some of those big shot billionaires, and their loud mouth lackey congress people sacrifice for a change, I've done my share, and I am sick of... Oops, sorry lost track there.

Anyway, tomorrow is a grand day, and I will tell you all about it, in  obsessive detail with pictures, and I think, since I am kind of stuck in a Producer/Director loop from which I powerless to exit maybe even a movie. Bargains, breakfast and big times, the movie, bought to you by First Watch, a great place to eat, and have coffee, lots of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment