http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Handy, Decisive Person for Hire.

I like to think I am a very handy person to have around. It is unfortunate all of that technical skill, and can do it attitude is always hidden behind an impenetrable wall of bad decisions, or indecision. Today we were watching television, and the sound stopped working. I tried to fix the problem. Relying on years of survival training, and technical prowess earned through the foolish pursuit of the perfect video creation app* I made things worse.

I tried restarting the cable modem, and it didn’t help at all. Ten minutes, wasted. It does leave a nice waterfall scene on the soundless television.

Somehow, since I am hardly ever allowed to use the remote control, it appears to be a UFO control panel, and there are at least three of them, I went right to the television itself. It only has a bare minimum of buttons. a few rocker switch things, and some sort of option panel. I pushed the wrong one, and the screen went blank, no picture, no sound, just a little “no input” flashing. I have made this mistake before and have never found the way back. I said “maybe we should wait until our son gets up.”

He got up, and showed me, again, how to get the picture back. This time I will remember, this time is
different. And then he said, “I have been meaning to talk to you about the cable box. Don’t reset the modem, just reset the DVR box.” Three minutes later we had sound, picture, the fury of television.

When he went to the kitchen to get a drink I said, “I could have done that. What a little show off.”

Today, we are going to the Arnold Fitness Festival. An event custom made for a mans man, like me.

I will have a full report tomorrow. Now you have something to look forward to.


*I am still looking for the app, so let me know if you have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment