http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, August 31, 2017

A Broken Fitbit, A Broken Heart.

Last week my Fitbit died. It had been slipping for sometime now. It wasn't too surprising. First the band split, right where it connected to the watch. I emailed them and they said they were sorry, but there was nothing they could do. The warranty had expired, and the band was attached, more or less, permanently to the watch.

They were very polite and offered a 25% discount on a new device. I was tempted. But, the thought of shelling out $165.00 dollars every year and a half because of a broken watch band, and this assumes they would give me the 25% discount more than once, was a commitment too steep. I mean this is a watch for rugged exercisers and extreme conditions, and I participate in neither.

My new high tech wrist accessory. 
I decided to glue the mess back together and we were off and running, or walking, again. Then the display wouldn't light up. And finally the whole thing broke apart. It was a sad day.

Now, I am forced to find a new reason to take the stairs. No longer do I have the instant gratification of a wrist bound technological cheerleader.  I suppose a longer, happier, healthier life should be enough. Normally it is, but, boy do I miss the flashing, buzzing display signaling my 10,000th step.

Now they have a new watch, The Ionic, this thing is so advanced you get healthier just buying it. But, it costs more than a weekend at Lake Hope (only one week away for those of you who want me to stop writing about it) and I am not sure I can handle the heartbreak of losing another beloved, benighted device.

So, thanks but no thanks. They are wonderful, but find yourself another sap to disappoint. I know when I'm beat.


No comments:

Post a Comment