http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

One Note and the Evolution of Life Explained.

I would like to take a minute and explain something to all of the people on Google Plus who have missed me. Mom, are you listening? Just kidding, my mom is not on Google Plus. Anyway, I have been very busy.  Work has been filled with all sorts of work. I had to finish a story, a column and I am working on a novel.

One of the best parts about writing a novel is the chance to try new things. Or, old things, like One Note from Microsoft. I have been using One Note for the past several years. If you count installing it on all my devices as using it. But, I could never really figure out what to do with it. I loved having that icon, though.. 

Occasionally I would open it and try to add something. It was almost impossible to understand. I would have been better off using a puddle of blood, a pointed stick and tree bark. Since that is a clear violation of OSHA regulations I just kept the information in my head. A bad idea.

Since there is so much information in my head, and the operating system and all the hardware is outdated, and no longer under warranty I would get the most erratic results. It took a lot of time to go back through pages of my novel and find out where a character had been, and I got bogged down in the details.

Today, I was putzing around and found out how easy it was to manipulate and search data in One Note, I spent hours. Sure it isn't writing, but it was fun. And it reminded me of the song Red Angel Dragnet by the Clash "One of those days I'm going to get myself organizized."

Well, it won't be today. Because I am designing and drawing all the buildings that play a small part in my novel. You see, One Note has an exceptional ability to store pictures and I have a terrible weakness for goofing around with CAD programs. 

Pretty soon I am going to know everything there is to know about the fictional world I am creating, then I will just have to tell everybody about it, in book form. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment