http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

A Unique Opportunity.

Since reaching the ripe old age of, you know, it doesn't really matter how old I am, age is a variable, defined by many factors, too numerous, and complex, to explain in such a short post, let alone an introductory paragraph.  Besides, the actual number is not germane to the point.  And I have been told I look pretty good for a man my age.  It was said by a person who thought I was much older, but that has nothing to do with what we are here to discuss.

What I have come to talk about it is the terrible decision facing most men at this age.  A decision that can not be made casually, without the proper consideration.   Options and paths and the terrible, crushing weight of choice mocks us at every turn.  There is no escape for a man my age.  It is time to decide.  Should I go through a second childhood, or a mid life crisis.



Both are appealing, with many benefits.  Either would make for fantastic vacation photos to plaster on Facebook, (where you can follow our vacations and other things, here is the newest travel video intro) and provide many, countless opportunities to waste time with wonderful new gadgets, and toys.  But, both carry risks, and, much like keeping a wild animal for a pet, could potentially eat an aging person alive, and that would be bad.

I asked my wife which choice was better.  She said, "you are already in your second childhood, or maybe it might still be your first.  How about this, why don't you try going through your first adulthood?  How about that?"  She is such a kidder.  But, not much help.

It is time for an analytical approach to this age old, middle age, male pattern behavior problem. But, not today, it is time for my nap. So, I will continue this discussion soon. If you have an opinion, please leave it in the comments, and if you are interested please join the LifeExplained Facebook page. We are always grateful you stopped by.




No comments:

Post a Comment