http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sunday, chilly damp and still beautiful.

When summer decided to go it just split, man. No lengthy goodbyes, 90 degrees one day, the next it was 79 the next it was 68 and today it will be low 6os. Rain has moved in and it is starting to feel a little like Noah’s flood. The world has become a very violent place, and the similarities are there.  But according to the weather app Tuesday is supposed to be sunny and in the seventies. So, maybe the world is safe, or maybe the weather app is wrong. I’m hoping the rain stops and the world is safe. Of course, I don’t think there is another flood predicted in the New Testament which is encouraging. But, it is still wet, chilly and a little depressing. 

So, we move onto the Cornhuskers, who lost last night. It was a heartbreaking game, at least for the new coaching staff, and most definitely for the players. But, there were so many good things, so much to be happy about. And, I am still the worst kind of fan, a fan that always holds out hope. With the starting quarterback on the sideline with an injury and a walk-on backup I thought they would pull it out. Close but no cigars, missed it by that much, whatever you want to say. It was the first game and the first game jitters were on display several times, in very bad ways, and it was against a very good team, so I am excited for next week, when Troy comes to Lincoln. 

Also, fall brings the coming of November, and that means NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month, I think. I have decided to completely rework the novel I had been working on, making it more compressed, add some central characters, throw in some punch, push, pull and shove, a seer, and some much needed dialogue. For those of you keeping score at home this makes the fourth novel of my adult life, all of them incomplete, but all of them in progress, sort of. I only work on one at a time, but they will all be finished, someday, if I live long enough. Every attempt gives me more insight, more practice, a much firmer grip, on what I need to do. There is still the small problem of doing it, but like the Huskers I am just a few plays away. And, like I feel about the Huskers, I will break through.

So, happy September, I hope you find your place in a cooler world, except for my friends in the Southern Hemisphere who have the seasons in opposition, I hope you find the warmth and sunshine comforting and peaceful. Today is going to be a good day, even if it is a little damp. Don’t forget to head over to The Wild Word and pick your favorite song.

No comments:

Post a Comment