http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday, August 16, 2013

Wealth, power, riches, classic rock, and country music, and beer.


Opportunity used to knock, but now it will text, or email, instant message or put something on Facebook (it will only fax to people with who can send/receive from their computers, opportunity is kind of a technology snot).  Fortunately, I am a very tech savvy person, with an iPhone, an iPad, and a blog, so I was available when opportunity posted.

It came from a friend, who told me about a celebration, fund raiser,  celebration being held at a local church.  There will be a few beers, a band (classic rock/country) and Black Jack.   A card game that normally ends when you have given the dealer all of your money, unless you have a plan.

My friend, the inviter is a genius!  A MENSA member, with an advanced degree in accounting, an appreciation for a good plan, and a very good relationship with numbers.  So, all I need to do is get her to explain "counting cards" to me on our way to the church.  How hard can it be, there are only 52 cards in a deck, right?  Plus, it really wouldn't do any good to start "counting" until after a couple of hands, it doesn't take a mathematician to figure that out.  At that point it has to be more like subtracting than counting, and I was pretty good at subtracting in school.  It may have been my best math operation, certainly better than division, I am still trying to figure that one out.  Any way, I could make some serious moolah tomorrow at the church. 

I will have my wife keep her eyes peeled for "security."  I won't clean out the fund, it is a church, after all.  And, of course, a generous donation will be made to the Susan Retirement Fund, a charity my whole family supports.   After watching the documentary "21" it seems pretty easy.




No comments:

Post a Comment