http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Turkeys and Me, a short history.


This was a turkey that was by our cabin outside of Gatlinburg, TN.  This picture was taken from our car, we had stopped just to take the picture.


Once I was driving by a park in Columbus and a turkey flew into my driver side mirror, and broke it loose.  When it smashed into the mirror it sounded like an explosion.  It was hanging half in my car, I had the window open, and had to be physically ejected, while I was driving 35 miles an hour.  There were feathers in my car for months afterward, and the guys at the Toyota dealership had a good laugh when they replaced my mirror.


That is why the picture was taken from inside the car.  I know better than to give a turkey another shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment