http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

More of my life, in pictures, kind of.

Saturday my youngest son and I got haircuts.  As a little treat for both we stopped at McDonalds for coffee afterward.  I think McDonalds has great coffee, and my son likes the iced, sweetened versions.

We walked in, and there were several people standing by the counter. They had already ordered and were waiting for their food.  A gentleman standing, and waiting, told us as much.  But, my son had to decide which version of the sweet, delicious coffee he wanted, so we stood, while he decided.

Behind the cash register the girl was getting impatient, and said "I'm ready."  I held up one finger, trying to impress upon her that we would be a minute.  She said, with emphasis, "there is nobody in line, you're next."

"We're deciding," I said.  My son decided on a mocha/caramel Frappe.  Not very masculine, but very tasty, and sweet, and delicious.  I had coffee, I like coffee, a lot, and as stated earlier, I like McDonalds coffee.

When I ordered a coffee (for me) and a caramel/mocha Frappe for my son, she said "you have to choose mocha or caramel for the Frappe, you can't have both."  Scrambling, I saw a "mocha/caramel espresso" on the drink menu, and asked for that.

"Do you want that hot or cold?"  She demanded.

"Cold, icy cold." I said.

She could not find the button on the key pad that is a modern cash register, and had to call a manager.  Who came over and showed her where it was.  The register operator who needed help said "he want's it cold."

The manager looked at me and said, "do you want a mocha/caramel Frappe, then?"

"Yes, please, that would be great."

Mocha/caramel frappe, and coffee in hand, looking good with new haircuts, we took off.  Two guys, sipping coffee, and acting cool.

This was Saturday, before I decided to document my life in pictures, so I have no photos of this chapter, but
this morning when I got to work I did manage to snap a photo of two British World War II Supermarine Spitfires circling the light fixture upstairs. Rolls Royce Merlin engines humming, it was really an impressive sight, and I was glad to have arrived early, or they may have been gone.

Until tomorrow, friends.

"Truckin' got my chips cashed in, keep truckin' like the doo dah man,
Together, more or less in line, just keep truckin' on."*

*The profound wisdom of the Grateful Dead, and great words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment