http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Join now, while there is room on the band wagon.

Once, while driving to work a plastic grocery bag floated peacefully under my car. It got stuck to muffler. And it stunk, to high heaven for weeks. There was no peeling it off, nothing I could do, except apologize to anybody who happened to be in the area when I parked. "Sorry, I have a plastic bag stuck on my muffler, it has been this way so long I may have to trade in my car." There were a lot of strange looks, but it might have been my profuse, sincere apology as much as the stench of burning plastic. Who knows.

+Sheryl Rose recently posted about the perils of these menaces. And other things, of course, but it struck a nerve. I related the story of my personal struggle with the dangerous plastic bag. A kindred spirit at last. An ally in the war on the pitfalls of plastic.

Soon +Trina Emmerson weighed in with a harrowing tale of a plastic bag affixing itself to the fan belt of her car. It caused her car to over heat. Another soldier in the war on this pervasive, omnipresent menace.

Together we formed the #TrashThePlastic Movement. It is a solemn organization, looking for members, and corporate sponsors. If you have ever been the victim of a plastic infestation, or if you just want to be in a cool club with cool people memberships are still available, with a special introductory price buy none get one free.

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow when we talk about the horror of flying turtles and the menace of wild turkeys,shattered windshields, and missing side mirrors. You don't want to miss that.


No comments:

Post a Comment