http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Saturday, December 9, 2017

An Absence

“The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not neccesary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” Joseph Conrad.

I haven’t blogged much lately, and for that I apologize, or apologize for this post, depending on your view of this blog. I have been consumed with writing a novel. I recommend writing a novel, it has been more fun than I would have ever predicted, ever understood. People keep popping up demanding to be added. Come on in, the more the merrier.

As I have stated, ad nauseum, I write a column for the Wild Word, just kind of stumbled across it. It has been a thrill, a columnist, me, go figure. I also have started writing a fictional serial under an assumed name. It is based loosely on my life, very loosely. I really thought it would be an opportunity to roast friends, family, coworkers. But, it never really worked out that way. For one thing I don’t want to say a lot of bad things about people. It just doesn’t seem right. I just can’t burn that hot very long, it is too hard on me. And, I have enough stupidity in my past and present I don’t want to give anybody a reason to talk about that time I had a few too many beers and spilled a whole bowl of guacamole on their sister. Not that that ever happened. So, I just have fun, kind of like with my blog. Everybody walks away happy, but not too happy.

People who have been reading my blog for any length of time understand my complete obsession with talking dogs, messages from the ancient past in portraits, under coffee cups, in microwaved macaroni (I’m not sure I’ve worked that one in yet, so you still have something to look forward to). It is part of how I explain life, there has to be a reason for all of the inexplicable things, and I like to think it isn’t all our fault (not you and me, of course, mankind in general). Anyway, I have really reigned myself in while writing my monthly column, and my fictional serial. This would probably be shocking news to the editors of the publications. 
I know Joseph Conrad was right, we don’t need to find anything supernatural to explain the world, but it makes me feel better. I don’t like to think we are responsible for all of the evil, all of the stupidity, both the unintentional and that which is planned with a malice and malevolence that should scare us all. 

So, in my novel, which is based loosely on my fictional serial, which, as discussed earlier, is based loosely (very loosely, though the protagonist is much more reasonable, and definitely more independent) on my life I have decided to add a few of the things I love. In this case it will be divine (sort of) guidance. I can’t really say anymore than that, you will have to buy the book, and besides I haven’t got all the details figured out. It will be great, though. If there is one thing I can write about it is the absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, I am a blogger, and I wanted to write a blog post, so here you go. A blog post, with my apologies

No comments:

Post a Comment