http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday, February 1, 2019

Our New Theme Song.

In keeping with my efforts to break out of my slump I have decided Life Explained needs a theme song. I thought it might be a good idea to write and perform the song myself. But, I can't play any instruments, read music, or carry a tune in a wheel barrow. And I certainly don't understand the complicated relationship existing between different parts sounds that make a pleasant melody. I guess I don't know music, but I know what I like.

Of course, this leaves me at a serious disadvantage when it comes to writing and performing a theme song. Fortunately I have an iPhone, and Garage Band is free.Unfortunately making music in an app may be more complicated than learning to play an instrument. I had a nice beat, really easy to listen to and follow. When I went to add some guitar it kind of fell apart. The whole understanding music problem climbed out of its shallow grave and haunted my musical dreams once more.

I thought about hiring a band, explaining what I wanted and turning them loose. But, I'm not really sure what I want, and even if I did I lack the ability to communicate those desires in a coherent paragraph. And, my budget is zero, or slightly less.

Which left me with one option. Choosing a song by somebody else.

It would have to be groovy. It would have to speak in a language that calls all that is good, rejects pessimism, embraces the mathematics of life and love. It has to be a song that represents everything I have tried to accomplish with this little blog. It would have to be instrumental, music that speaks beyond the ability of words to express an idea. Mostly, though, it would have to be groovy.

And I think I found it;



Booker T and the MGs, playing Green Onions. Even my new pen loves it.


1 comment:

  1. There used to be a demo mode on Casio keyboards of old, that was a funky old tune.

    ReplyDelete