http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

An Award, for me? Wow.

This blog has had the distinct honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award.  It was a gift from a very distinguished, serious blogger, +christy barongan, who writes the "Normal in Training" blog.  Sometimes I look at life as a series of accidents, random, scattered mishaps, that we are all just trying to get past, that there is no greater need in life than making it through today.  And Ms. Barongan's blog is antidote to my complete disregard for convention.  She is thorough, and offers insight into the needs of daily interactions.  It is too easy for me to look at everybody I spend time with as the next hazard, or puzzle that needs to be avoided, if possible, or solved if unavoidable.

In truth, when I wrote my first blog post, so long ago, I intended to tackle the difficulties of living, but that was too hard, so I opted for the absurd, and have never looked back, but to this day look with envy on the people who are trying to figure things out, and help others do the same.

So thank you, for the nomination, +christy barongan and for writing such a compelling blog.

Here are the rules for the award,

Liebster Rules

In order to participate, Liebster nominees must:

1.  Thank the person who nominated you. (Thank you, +christy barongan it was very nice, and I am sorry UVA and Tony Bennett did not go further.)


2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.

3. Nominate at least 5 blogs with less than 200 followers (approximately).

4.  Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.

5.  Post a comment on your nominees' blogs to let them know that they've been nominated.

Here are the questions Ms. Barongan asked,

1.  What job would make you say, "I can't believe I get paid to do this!"

I am not sure, I guess, I would love to be a historian, that is kind of recent, but I have been geeking on history podcasts.  That kind of stuff consumes me.


2.  What's the last dream that you remember?

It was about a giant spider (I hate spiders) in the basement, an absurdly big spider, it was so ridiculous it was not even a nightmare, which leads me to the conclusion I can't even dream correctly.
3.  Who was your favorite character on "The Brady Bunch" and why?

What was the dog's name?  I don't like "The Brady Bunch."  I grew up with the Brady's and hated their popularity, and uniquely wonderful life.  They never even had to stay after school to clean erasers, uppity, pretentious, do-gooder snobs.

4.  What was your New Year's Resolution this year? 

Lose weight and exercise more, right on track to ignore both, leaving my record of failure unblemished.

5.  What do you want to be remembered for? 

Being a decent person, who was nice to people and fun to be around, I still have some time, right?
6.  What advice would you give to someone who is thinking about starting a blog?

Do it!  It is a great way to exercise your mind, and you might even get nominated for an Award, Thank You, +christy barongan!
7.  How many jumping jacks can you do in a minute?

I don't know, but it would not be very many.  I can guess, but am not going to find out.  See #4.
8.  If you could put 3 things into a time capsule, what would they be?

Bob Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks," a copy of "Catch 22" and my KinIIm phone, it was great.
9.  Who is your favorite superhero? 

From comic books it would be Spider Man, and from the movies it would be Blade or Selena from "Underworld."
10.  What song best describes you?

"My Back Pages" because in so many ways "I was so much older then I'm younger than that now."
11.  What's the last book that you couldn't put down?

Since I have been geeking on history, as mentioned earlier, it was "Genghis Khan, Makers of History" series.  

My eleven questions are:

1. What was your main impetus to begin blogging?

2. What was your favorite book?

3. If you had a time machine where would you go first?

4. When you look at life what thing puzzles you most?

5. Have you ever posted a Facebook update just to make someone jealous, or angry?  

6. Would you explain?

7. What is your favorite vacation spot, someplace you have been and intend to return?

8. How many play lists are on your mp3 player?

9. Looking at your life now, and thinking about your school years, in what subject do you wish you would have payed more attention?

10. Why?

11. Do you believe there is life on other planets?

My nominees are;

+Mike Raven  at the Blog of Thog, a very funny guy, who has written a guest post for my blog.

+Luna LaBlue, from My Lower Case Life, who's posts are so open and genuine, she seems like a friend.

Mike Kraus from Mike Kraus, a very talented, artistic individual,

+Len Loewen from http://winnipeglen.blogspot.com/ who doesn't post often, but is very entertaining when he does, and really needs to add some sort of follow option on his blog.

+Andrew Hughes who writes A Bloke Thinking About Things though he has been a little absent lately, he may just be thinking about a lot of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment