http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, November 29, 2015

I'm Feeling Grinchy & Green


It's the holidays. Every year I get a tad moody during the holidays because my children live in Florida. It has been 12 years since I have spent a Christmas with my kids and that in itself makes me moody. Last year I didn't even decorate.

This year I have a new grandson which makes me smile when I think of his little face. I try and overcome the feelings of sadness and try to be grateful but mentally I'd like to throw myself down on the floor and scream bloody murder.

Being in the financial place we are in now I was hard pressed to come up with something special for my new grandson having wonderful ideas that I can't follow through so I did some researching and came up with TinyBeans to which I would put all the pictures from Facebook of little Barrett and write a book about my life and present it to him when he is 12 years old.

The book not the pictures. With the picture's I am entertaining the idea of a calendar.

Okay here comes the 'Green' part. My Ex who is my son's father is married to a super nice woman so I don't dislike her, but because of her he has funds at his disposal. So I get to see the cars and the trips and all that but whatever, it is what it is.

What I'm getting at I find out through again, Facebook, that they gave my son a baby book which ticked me off and now I'm struggling with trying to not be all grinchy & green. Long-distance jealousy is such an impotent emotion to which I want to go out and kill a snowman and stomp on a snow-angel.

I know I will get over this but for now I'm feeling like a grinchy grandma which is starting to make me smile.

So I made a suggestion to Mike Raven for a Christmas Card to your Ex being honest...

Dear Ex
YOU SUCK
Merry Freak'in Christmas




No comments:

Post a Comment