http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Life Is Simple

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I chose the one that had been dormant longest. It is a beautiful day, and I am getting ready to mow the lawn, run the trimmer, maybe trim the bushes. Possibly even run the edger. But, we are catching up on the Walking Dead, not really catching up, we are still almost a season behind, but we are trying.

Anyway, I am getting ready to get started, and we are going to start some ribs on the grill. It is a big day, exciting. Maybe you wouldn't be so happy, but I have a reel mower, and I love mowing with that thing. It has no emissions, always starts, and is powered only by my will to push.  It is so quiet, I can listen to music, podcasts, or audio books. I love that.

Since mowing is such a pleasure I have started to enjoy trimming the stragglers and the walls and around the landscaping. Trimming the bushes is not so bad, and somehow it helps the bushes, every time I cut them back they grow like mad.

So, I will watch one of the most depressing yet addictive, television shows in history, and then I will plug in my earbuds and take a stroll through a pleasant appointment with lawn care.

Maybe the whole purpose of life is found in being comfortable with the weather lawn care. In that case I have made it. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment