http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Saturday, September 24, 2016

vacation mornings, magic in action

There is a magic in vacation mornings. I like to get up early, 5:30 this morning. I don't want a minute to sneak past. Waking up, taking my coffee onto the deck. Maybe even enjoying a dip in the hot tub before breakfast.  

Of course it does make for a long day, and night comes early and with a crashing suddenness, but that is OK. It is the morning that brings me the most pleasure. Life is easier in the morning, coffee, and sunrise, and simplicity. A powerful combination of life's greatest gifts.

They call an hour after sunrise, and an hour before sunset the "magic hour" for photography, and it is true, it is true, pictures turn out better. But it is not only for photography, the enchantment of life is more obvious in those fleeting moments.

Dreams are more fluid, thoughts are more peaceful, and reality is just better. Maybe it is not clear, but I love vacation mornings. I love looking at the mountains, the ocean, whatever background provides the scenery for our moments.

So, I will leave you for now, with this picture, and this thought,  "Nothing is worth more than this day." Goethe.






No comments:

Post a Comment