10. The movie "Frozen." We didn't see it, true, but so many people enjoyed the Disney offering that it had to be good, and we hate to be left out of conversations. Today we are going to buy the Cliff Notes "Frozen," and brush up on this enchanting movie, and all of the wonderful songs, and the gripping story, and characters. So, if you want to talk about what a great movie it was, we are ready, or will be by this evening.
9. Pharrell Williams, singer, song writer, and seemingly all around decent guy. While it is true we don't actually own any of his music, that song "Happy" is delightful. Ok, we have never heard the whole thing, but what we have heard has made us... well... Happy. In fact one of our new years resolution is to listen to the whole song, perhaps even buying it, and we are sure it costs $1.29 and we have vowed never to spend more than $0.99, we may make an exception. But, don't get your hopes too high, Pharrell. Another plus during an interview we saw, he seems to possess an extraordinary temperament, and be genuinely a nice person. Our hats are off to you, Mr. Williams, by the way, we are a little envious of your expansive assortment of hats.
8. Apple vs. Google. vs. Microsoft. We are not technical enough to have a favorite, but the constant need to one up each other has given us most of the cool things of the 21st century. We love cool things.
7. American politics. Sure, it is an odious, despicable spectacle, and it seems to destroy any semblance of humanity in anybody foolish enough to be elected it makes for the best kind of comedy. Tragedy. So, thank you, please, don't give up.
6. The European Space Agency, who landed a refrigerator sized object on a comet, or meteor, we are not sure which. Now, if they can land a big screen television sized object, a couch sized thing, and a microwave sized apparatus we will have all the makings of a Super Bowl Party sized organism forming spontaneously. Now, that is science.
* Some of these things may have been from before 2014. If there are any chronological errors, please let us know in the comments section, and we will use a time machine to correct reality. We hate being wrong.