http://tim-thingsastheyare.blogspot.com/ Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday, April 8, 2016

This has been a public service announcement, #FixThePlus

Blogging is similar to a public service announcement. A blogger announces something to the public, who normally ignores it. And then the cycle starts over again. I could write they are giving away omelets at the Embassy Suites in La Vista NE* and nobody would pay much attention. This makes me kind of like a public servant, so I am going on break, and will be back in fifteen minutes, plus the time it takes me to walk to the break room, nobody is getting over on me.**

The point is being ignored is a uniquely powerful manifestation of modern technology. No longer am I being ignored by my family, friends, and coworkers. Well, they are still ignoring me, but thanks to the wonders of the world wide web they have been joined by powerful people around the globe. World leaders, great thinkers, scientists. philosophers, poets, people of every type are not reading this right now.

My voice is a beacon of hope that is echoing unheard throughout the universe! If there is life on other planets they are paying no attention to what I have to say. I am as anonymous in the far reaches of the Milky Way as I am on Earth. Imagine the power.

If there is an afterlife they have no idea what I am going on about on a daily basis. Ghosts, spirits,
angels, zombies, vampires and werewolves are not aware of this blog and the secrets it holds. And these are creatures with a lot of time on their hands.

With that in mind, "they are giving away dollar bills on the corner of third and main. hurry before they are gone.

This has been a public service announcement.



* Only if you are an overnight guest, though, or use the secret password "IAmAnOvernightGuest."  keep it secret, please.

** Just kidding, I have nothing but respect for public servants, particularly the fine people of the DMV who have so far managed to ignore my keen sense of humor, and glare with stony indifference to my inspired jokes about dressing up and combing my hair for the picture on my drivers license, that kind of discipline is inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment